Our experts bring a wealth of experience from Business Information Systems, Fintech, Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics sectors. We focus on only one thing: your needs.
Scroll down to review a selection of their publications.
Dr Nikolay Mehandjiev
Prof. Nikolay Mehandjiev is a Professor of Enterprise Information Systems in the UK. His research focuses on the user-centric design of intelligent enterprise systems and the role of disruptive technologies. His specialisms are in the areas of requirements, usability, personalisation and socio-technical factors. He has co-authored two books and has guest-edited four special issues of international journals, with more than 120 peer-reviewed papers. His outputs are grounded in real industrial needs through a series of collaborative projects with blue-chip companies such as Airbus, BT and SAP, e.g. his collaboration with BT has resulted in three patent applications.
Dr Evtim Peytchev
Dr. Evtim Peytchev is Reader in Wireless, Mobile and Pervasive Computing in the UK. His main research domain is wireless and mobile computing paradigms for Connected and Autonomous Cars (CAV) – V2X solutions based on 802.11p and G5. He has written the educational course in “Connectivity” for CAV for the Connected Places Catapult in UK. He is working towards identifying and delivering novel wireless and mobile communication solutions for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). The main topics in this domain are ad-hoc networking, C2X communication, mobile phone apps solutions, mobile networking and collaborative (between the cars, pier-to-pier) knowledge generation. Evtim is also Research Leader of the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Group.
Krasimir Filipov has MSc in Civil Engineering and twenty years of first-hand experience leading high-impact projects covering all stages of software development in both startups and large international companies. His expertise is in the development of architecture and processes for customer-facing solutions in a variety of industries including IoT, government, legal, healthcare, enterprise system integration, security, Fintech, distributed computing, AI, and machine learning that allow effective development and delivery of global cloud-based solutions with hundreds of thousands of active customers and millions of transactions per day.
Ognian Obretenov is a Software Engineer and a solutions company proprietor. He has 25 years of experience in solutions development and research focused on business software and database design/development using different languages and platforms. Ognian also has experience in Industrial Automation, including integration between CNC, PLC, SCADA and Database solutions. As Assistant Professor at the Technical University of Sofia – Plovdiv branch, he has researched in and taught real-time operating systems, system analysis of information systems and databases.
Dr Fethi Rabhi
Prof. Fethi Rabhi is a Professor in Computer Science and Engineering in Australia. His main expertise is in Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Web Technologies and Applications in Business, Finance and Economics (E-Business, Financial Trading, Electronic Markets and Banking). He worked extensively as a Chief Investigator and Program Manager as part of the Smart Services Cooperative Research Centre in Australia and the Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre (CMCRC) which involved partners from Fintech, health and media sectors. Fethi is also a consultant and software author with practical experience in leading several software development projects.
Dr Maria Papadaki
Dr. Maria Papadaki is an Associate Professor at the British University in Dubai (BUiD) and a Managing Director for the BUiD_Centre for Risk and Innovation (DCRI). Her expertise is in Risk Management having worked previously as a Risk Manager in Rolls-Royce plc and Senior Relationship Manager at The University of Manchester. In 2018 Maria was appointed at the Board of Directors for the Institute of Risk Management (IRM) in London. Under this profile, she leads the global education and training standards strategy for IRM. Maria is a visiting lecturer at The University of Manchester, and her research is now focused on integrating disruption technologies (Blockchain, AI etc.) with Enterprise Risk Management.
Dr Nadia Masood
Dr. Nadia Masood is working as a researcher on European projects at Digital Systems 4.0. She has obtained her PhD degree in electrical engineering through Commonwealth Split-site PhD programme from Durham University UK and UET Pakistan. Her research focuses on machine learning techniques, neuro-evolutionary methodologies, evolutionary computation, artificial neural networks, genetic programming, random forest and time-series data analytics. She has worked as an Artificial Intelligence (AI) researcher on disaster management projects including earthquake early warning systems and flood forecasting using AI. She also has experience of working as a Project Manager on research and development (R&D) projects, managing progress reports and deliverables.
Dr Sonia Cisneros-Cabrera
Dr. Sonia Cisneros-Cabrera has a background in Computer Science and has been involved as an IT Business Consultant for the development of expert systems in different domains professionally since 2015. Her experience also includes research work related to human-computer interaction, digitalisation and inter-organisational collaboration in the context of Industry 4.0. She also took part as a research associate and contribution manager in the European R&D project DIGICOR — a platform composed of tools and services that digitalise the agile coordination of organisations across supply chains, developed with 11 partners involved from 6 EU countries. Dr Cisneros was part of the team from The University of Manchester which focused on the development of a matchmaking system for partnering manufacturing companies, and in the governance aspects of the DIGICOR platform.
A selection of publications by our experts:
- B. Benetallah, F. Rabhi, and N. Mehandjiev, (2002), E-commerce Technologies, 1st Edition, Sprint Series, Pearson Education, Australia
- Nikolay Mehandjiev, Paul Grefen (eds) (2010),Dynamic Business Process Formation for Instant Virtual Enterprises. Springer “Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing” series of monographs, 1st Ed., May 2010.
- Daskalopoulou A., Keeling K., Mehandjiev N., Jones R.P. (2016) Designing Mobile Applications for Healthcare Professional Use: A Service Marketing Perspective. In: Petruzzellis L., Winer R. (eds) Rediscovering the Essentiality of Marketing. Developments in Marketing Science: Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing Science. Springer
- Namoun, A., Owrak, A., & Mehandjiev, N. (2019). Non-programmers composing software services: A confirmatory study of the mental models and design challenges. Applied Sciences (Switzerland), 9(24), . https://doi.org/10.3390/app9245558
- A. Namoun, A. Daskalopoulou, N. Mehandjiev and Z. Xun, “Exploring Mobile End User Development: Existing Use and Design Factors,” IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 42, no. 10
- Menukhin, Olga; Mandungu, Catherine; Shahgholian, Azar; and Mehandjiev, Nikolay, “Now and Next: A Maturity Model to Guide Analytics Growth” (2019). UK Academy for Information Systems Conference Proceedings 2019. 39. https://aisel.aisnet.org/ukais2019/39
- P. Chanwisitkul, A. Shahgholian and N. Mehandjiev, “The Reason Behind the Rating: Text Mining of Online Hotel Reviews,” 2018 IEEE 20th Conference on Business Informatics (CBI), Vienna, Austria, 2018
- Cisneros-Cabrera, Sonia, Pedro Sampaio, and Nikolay Mehandjiev. “A B2b Team Formation Microservice for Collaborative Manufacturing in Industry 4.0.” Proceedings – 2018 IEEE World Congress on Services, SERVICES 2018. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 2018. 39–40.
- Kazantsev, Nikolay et al. “A Governance Metamodel for Industry 4.0 Service Collaborations.” Proceedings – 2018 IEEE World Congress on Services, SERVICES 2018. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 2018
- Ramzan, Asia; Cisneros-Cabrera, Sonia; Kazantsev, Nikolai; Sampaio, Pedro; and Mehandjiev, Nikolay, “Collaborative Technologies in Automotive and Aerospace Industries towards Industry 4.0” (2017). American Conference on Information Systems 2017 Workshop on Smart Manufacturing Proceedings. 10. https://aisel.aisnet.org/sigbd2017/10
- Cisneros-Cabrera S., Ramzan A., Sampaio P., Mehandjiev N. (2017) Digital Marketplaces for Industry 4.0: A Survey and Gap Analysis. In: Camarinha-Matos L., Afsarmanesh H., Fornasiero R. (eds) Collaboration in a Data-Rich World. PRO-VE 2017. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol 506. Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65151-4_2
- Mehandjiev, Nikolay & Stalker, Iain & Carpenter, Martin. (2009). Recursive Construction and Evolution of Collaborative Business Processes. 17. 573-584. 10.1007/978-3-642-00328-8_58.
- R. Eshuis, F. Lécué and N. Mehandjiev. “Flexible Construction of Executable Service Compositions from Reusable Semantic Knowledge.” ACM Transactions on the Web 10(1), (2015)
- Liwei Liu, Nikolay Mehandjiev, and Dong-Ling Xu (2013). Context Similarity Metric for Multi-dimensional Service Recommendation. International Journal of Electronic Commerce.18(1):73-104
- Liwei Liu, Freddy Lecue, and Nikolay Mehandjiev (2013). Semantic Content-based Recommendation of Software Services using Context. ACM Transactions on the Web. 7 (3): art 17
- S. Shaikh, N. Mehandjiev (2010). General Strategy Support in Soft E-Business Process Negotiation. In International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems. Vol. 19, Nos. 3 & 4 121–157. World Scientific DOI: 10.1142/S0218843010002127
- C. A. Marín, M. Carpenter, U. Wajid, and N. Mehandjiev (2011). “Devolved Ontology in Practice for a Seamless Semantic Alignment within Dynamic Collaboration Networks of SMEs”. Computing and Informatics Journal. Special Issue on Business Collaboration Support for Micro, Small and Medium Sized Enterprises. Vol. 30, 2011, No. 1
- P. Grefen, H. Eshuis, N. Mehandjiev, G. Kouvas, G. Weichhart (2009), “Internet-Based Support for Process-Oriented Instant Virtual Enterprises,” IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 65-73, Nov./Dec. 2009, doi:10.1109/MIC.2009.96
- P. Grefen, N. Mehandjiev, G. Kouvas, G. Weichhart, & H. Eshuis (2009), Dynamic Business Network Process Management, Computers in Industry, Vol 60 Issue 2, Feb 2009
- Ogunsakin R., Mehandjiev N., Marín C.A. (2018) Bee-Inspired Self-Organizing Flexible Manufacturing System for Mass Personalization. In: Manoonpong P., Larsen J., Xiong X., Hallam J., Triesch J. (eds) From Animals to Animats 15. SAB 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10994. Springer, Cham
- Kazantsev N., Pishchulov G., Mehandjiev N., Sampaio P. (2018) Exploring Barriers in Current Inter-enterprise Collaborations: A Survey and Thematic Analysis. In: Shishkov B. (eds) Business Modeling and Software Design. BMSD 2018. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 319. Springer, Cham
- Quboa Q., Saadouni B., Shahgholian A., Mehandjiev N. (2017) Detecting Underwriters Stabilisation Trades: A Clinical Study. In: Feuerriegel S., Neumann D. (eds) Enterprise Applications, Markets and Services in the Finance Industry. FinanceCom 2016. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 276. Springer.
- U. Inden, N. Mehandjiev, L. Mönch, P. Vrba. (2013) Towards an Ontology for Small Series Production. In Proc. HoloMAS’2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Science LNCS.
- U. Wajid, A. Namoun, N. Mehandjiev. (2011) “Alternative Representations for End User Composition of Service-Based Systems.” In ed. M. F. Costabile, Y. Dittrich, G. Fischer, A. Piccinno, End-User Development, pp. 53-66. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer
- A. Namoun, U. Wajid, N. Mehandjiev (2010). A Comparative Study: Application Development by Ordinary Internet Users and IT-Professionals. In E.Di Nitto and R.Yahyapour, eds. Towards the Service-based Internet, Springer LNCS: Service Science Series 6481.
- J. Guo, N. Mehandjiev, G. Wan. he Partner Ecosystem Evolution from On-premises Software to Cloud Services: a case study of SAP. In Proceedings of PACIS’2019, Xian, China, July 2019.
- Liu, Liwei, Cesar A. Marin, and Nikolay Mehandjiev. “Using Recommender Systems to Assist in Intelligent Service Composition.” Services Computing (SCC), 2014 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Wadha Labda, Nikolay Mehandjiev, and Pedro Sampaio. 2014. Modeling of privacy-aware business processes in BPMN to protect personal data. In Proceedings of the 29th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC ’14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1399-1405. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2554850.2555014
- N. Mehandjiev, T.Stoitsev, O. Grebner, S.Scheidl, U. Riss, (2008). End User Development for Task Management: Survey of Attitudes and Practices. In Proceedings of 2008 IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages and Human-Centric Computing, 16-20 Sept 2008. Herrsching am Ammersee, Germany. IEEE Press, 2008. ISBN : 978-1-4244-2528-0
- G. Antoniou, S. Batsakis, J. Davies, A. Duke, T.L. Mccluskey, E. Peytchev, I. Tachmazidis and M. Vallati, (2019), “Enabling the use of a planning agent for urban traffic management via enriched and integrated urban data” Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 98
- Salih, X. Ma, E. Peytchev, (2017) “Implementation of Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Technique to Detect Covert Channels Attack in New Generation Internet Protocol IPv6”, chapter in a book “Family Entrepreneurial Teams under the TPB Lens”
- A. Salih, X. Ma, E. Peytchev, (2017) “New Intelligent Heuristic Algorithm to Mitigate Security Vulnerabilities in IPv6”, International Journal of Information Security (IJIS)
- E. Peytchev, (2014) “Collaborative Architectures for Sustainable Mobility”, Journal of Sustainable Mobility, Greenleaf Publishing
- Y. Li, S. Papanastasiou, J. Akhlaghinia, E. Peytchev, (2013) “TMDA: A Broadcast-Based Message Delivery Algorithm for VANETs”, International Journal On Advances in Telecommunications, volume 6, numbers 1 and 2
- Ø. Risan, E. Peytchev (2010) “A Vehicle-To-Vehicle Communication Protocol For Collaborative Identification Of Urban Traffic Conditions”, Springer Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering
- M.M. Ahmad, N.M. Khan, F.U. Khan, (2021) “Review of frequency up-conversation vibration energy harvesters using impact and plucking mechanism”, International Journal of Energy Research 45 (11), 15609-15645
- N.M. Khan, G.M. Khan, P. Matthews (2020) ” AI based real-time signal reconstruction for wind farm with SCADA sensor failure”, IFIP International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations